Real Hope Program and Study Guide for 1-07-2018
Welcome to Real Hope
We glad that you are here to join us in worshiping our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
This is our program for today, Sunday January 7th.
Music Countdown to Worship: "Glory To Glory," William Matthews.
First Music Offering: "And If Our God Is For Us," Chris Tomlin.
Second Music Offering: "Oh My Soul," Casting Crowns.
Third Music Offering: "Do It Again," Elevation Worship.
Communion Service, Shirlee Yoder
Offering, Prayer Requests, and Announcements, Dana Smith
Today’s Sermon Introduction, Ted Yoder
Today’s Sermon: Real God+ Real People = Real Change
Radio host and communicator Sam Collier shares with us that when our story connects to God’s story it leads to a much greater story.
We hope that you enjoyed our service today and encourage you seek God in everything that you do.
At Real Hope our purpose is to love the Lord our God with all of our hearts and with all of our souls and with all of our minds.
Our focus begins with all the people of Citrus County and by the Grace of God we will:
Gather together to worship and celebrate God,
Grow in our knowledge and faith,
Give in love and,
Go out into the world to shine brightly with the light of salvation from our Savior Jesus Christ and tell the world what we know is true!
We boldly ask God to help us shake the Earth and touch the Heavens!
We look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you and God bless you.
Sermon Notes and Study Guide for this week
Sam shared with us that God has a plan for each one of us and although we may not understand it completely in order for us to follow the plan we must abandon our will and submit to God’s Will.
When your story connects to God’s story it leads to a GREATER story.
Suggested Reading: Proverbs 3:5-6
Question: What does this mean “Trust in the Lord with ALL YOUR HEART”?
- We must not be wise in our own eyes. We should always be willing to listen to and be corrected by God’s Word and wise counselors.
- Bring your decisions to God in prayer; use the Bible as your guide; and then follow God’s leading. He will direct your paths by both guiding you and protecting you.
- Let’s review that more closely below and how to best apply those principles to our lives.
Suggested Reading: I Thessalonians 5:16-21
Question: How did Sam share that he came to understand God’s Plan for his life and how can I discover God’s plan for my life?
- Obeying these three commands – be joyful, never stop praying, and be thankful. When we do these things we will begin to see our circumstances and people in a new perspective.
- When we do God’s will, we will also find it easier to be joyful no matter what are circumstances may be.
Suggested Reading: 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Question: How can studying God’s Word help us understand and know for sure His plan and will for our lives?.
- God’s Word is perfect and we can discover God’s Will and Plan through the study of it.
- Scripture is completely trustworthy because God was in control of its writing. Its words are entirely authoritative for our faith and lives.
- Because it is inspired and trustworthy, we should read it and apply it to our lives. Use its teachings to guide your conduct and actions.
Suggested Reading: Romans 12: 1-2 and 1 Peter 4:2
Question: When we start “changing” from “our minds” and focusing on God’s desires for our life how can this help us stay connected to His Will?
- He wants us to be transformed people with renewed minds, living to honor and obey Him.
- We can better understand God’s Plan for our lives by closely following Him. Our minds must be planted firmly in the values rooted in God, again “Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think”.
- God only wants what’s best for us, He showed that by the gift of His Son to make our new life possible.
- We can overcome sin when we focus on Christ and what he wants us to do.
Suggested Reading: Colossians 4:2-6 and James 1:5-6
Question: How can we use prayer to better understand God’s Plan and Will for our lives?
- We can grow in our understanding of God’s Will through prayer. We can also pray for God to reveal His Plan to others.
- Ask God to help solve your problems and to give you strength to endure them. Be PATIENT, God will not leave you alone with your problems and/or questions. He will stay close and help you grow.
- Whenever we need wisdom, we can pray to God, and he will generously supply what we need.
- Christians don’t have to grope around the dark hoping to stumble upon answers. We can ask for God’s wisdom to guide our choices.
Reflect this week on Sam’s statement he shared this weekend, “When your story connects to God’s story it leads to a GREATER story. Ask yourself these questions. 1) What do I need to change in order to better connect to God’s Will in my life? 2) How can I better prioritize my life in order to connect with God more closely? 3) What do I need to add to my daily walk to improve in my ability to connect with God’s Plan in my life?