Real Hope Program and Study Guide for 3-11-2018
Welcome to Real Hope. We’re Glad You’re Here.
Join us in worshiping our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
This is our program for today, Sunday March 11th.
Countdown to Worship: "Glory To Glory," William Matthews.
First Music Offering: "At the Cross – (Your Love Ran Red)," Chris Tomlin. –
Second Music Offering: "Move – Keep Walkin," Toby Mac.
Third Music Offering: "Made New," Lincoln Brewster.
Communion Video: "Jesus Is Alive," Reverend Billy Graham.
Communion Service: Shirlee Yoder.
Offering, Prayer Requests, and Announcements: Dana Smith.
Today’s Sermon: "ROOTED," Pastor Justin Miller, Real Life Church, Clermont, Florida.
Closing Prayer: Ted Yoder
We hope that you enjoyed our service today and encourage you seek God in everything that you do.
At Real Hope our purpose is to love the Lord our God with all of our hearts and with all of our souls and with all of our minds.
Our focus begins with all the people of Citrus County and by the Grace of God we will:
Gather together to worship and celebrate God,
Grow in our knowledge and faith,
Give in love and,
Go out into the world to shine brightly with the light of salvation from our Savior Jesus Christ and tell the world what we know is true!
We boldly ask God to help us shake the Earth and touch the Heavens!
We look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you and God bless you.
Sermon Message & Study Guide for 3/1 to 3/18
There is an Enemy
This week, we take a look at the fact that we do have an enemy in this world. Our enemy is real and wants nothing more than to have us believe his lies.
However, God is for us, and has given us resources to resist our enemy and go on the offensive.
In 1 Peter 5:8 Peter warns us, “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”
What are your perceptions of the devil? What have you or others thought about him?
Suggested reading: Ephesians 6:10-17
- In Ephesians 6:11 Paul tells us, “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Why would he tell us this?
- The first piece of armor listed is the belt of truth. What is the importance of a belt, and why does this matter to us?
- The next piece of armor is the breastplate of righteousness. What are the reasons God wants us to have a breastplate?
- Next Paul tells us that our feet should be fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. Why do we need to have feet that are ready? Ready for what?
- Paul lists the next piece of our spiritual armor as the shield of faith. How does this shield help protect us as we follow Christ?
- We are also instructed to take the helmet of salvation. Why a helmet and how can a helmet protect us in our faith?
- Lastly, we need to take up the sword of the Spirit. A sword is an offensive weapon, so why include this in the full armor of God? What does it represent?
How many times have you tried stand toe to toe with Satan and not battle with a full set of armor?
Don’t go into battle this week alone and/or without the full armor of God. Christ needed it to stand up against Satan in the dessert and throughout his ministry. We need it all the more.
Do you know who you are? And more important, do you know whose you are? Become a Changed Life today! Read (1 John 3:18-24)
Sunday-Job 1; Job 2 Monday-Daniel 10 (see v12-14) Tuesday-Luke 4:1-13; Matthew 4:1-11; Mark 1:12-13 Wednesday-Revelation 12:1-17 through Revelation 13:1 Thursday-Revelation 20 Friday-Revelation 21 Saturday-Ephesians 6:10-18
Thank You and God Bless!