Real Hope Program and Study Guide for 1-14-2018
Welcome to Real Hope
We glad that you are here to join us in worshiping our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
This is our program for today, Sunday January 14th.
Music Countdown to Worship: "Glory To Glory," William Matthews.
First Music Offering: "Broken Things," Matthew West.
Second Music Offering: "Do It Again," Elevation Worship.
Third Music Offering: "All The People Said Amen," Matt Maher
Offering, Prayer Requests, and Announcements, Dana Smith
Today’s Sermon Introduction, Ted Yoder
Today’s Sermon: Real Stories
Pastor Justin Miller of Real Life Church interviews Pastor Trell Webb, aka "Donk" the Rapper on how prayer saved his life.
Closing Prayer Pastor Earnest Thomas
We hope that you enjoyed our service today and encourage you seek God in everything that you do.
At Real Hope our purpose is to love the Lord our God with all of our hearts and with all of our souls and with all of our minds.
Our focus begins with all the people of Citrus County and by the Grace of God we will:
Gather together to worship and celebrate God,
Grow in our knowledge and faith,
Give in love and,
Go out into the world to shine brightly with the light of salvation from our Savior Jesus Christ and tell the world what we know is true!
We boldly ask God to help us shake the Earth and touch the Heavens!
We look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you and God bless you.
Sermon Notes and Study Guide for this week
This week we met Donk and heard his story of change and redemption. The overriding theme in Donk’s story is the power of prayer. When prayer is done to God’s way, it can have an amazing impact on not just our life, but the lives of others.
Question: Can you think of an instance in your life were persistence help you obtain something you pursued. For example, career, job, spouse, home etc.
Suggested reading: 1 John 5:14 and Proverbs 3:5-6
Question: Donk shared how his family and others prayed for him on several occasions (injuries, prison) and constantly (lifestyle change). Why should we pray for others if God already has our best interest at heart? Why does He want us to pray?
- It’s true that God is wiser than we are and that we should trust Him. It’s for those very reasons that we need to pray, because praying for ourselves and praying for others is something God commands us to do.
- Donk shared how he could see the faith of his grandmother through her prayers for him. It’s a great way to witness and share your faith, always be prepared to pray for someone, not just when you’re by yourself, but offer to do it with someone you know who is struggling through a hardship.
- Praying for others is important because it fulfills a New Testament command. We are to pray for all people (1 Timothy 2:1).
- Remember, prayer is a powerful way in which we get to know our Savior, and it also brings believers together.
- Effective prayer for others will bring us closer to God, because effective prayer is based on a knowledge of His Will. It also brings us closer to others, as we learn more about them and focus on their needs.
Suggested reading: 1 Thessalonians 5:17, Philippians 4:6-9 and 3 John 1:2.
Question: For most of us, praying for ourselves and others tends to focus on providing jobs, good health, and safety. If we know someone well we might pray for their marriage or other relationships. The Bible encourages us to pray for everything but what type of things should I pray for in my life and for others?
Question: Donk shared that he had no idea how to talk to or pray to God. How should we pray?
- The most basic definition of prayer is "talking to God". Prayer is not meditation or passive reflection; it is direct address to God.
- Prayer is the primary way for believers to communicate their emotions and desires with God and to fellowship with God.
- Be REAL -don’t try to be like someone else. God already knows everything you’ve done and who you are. Remember he first loved us as sinners (Romans 5:6-8).
- At Real Hope we always say, to get right with God we must get real with God. God has huge shoulders. He’s seen everything. He can certainly handle anything we have to share.