Countdown to Worship
“Way Maker,” Michael W. Smith.
First Music Offering
“Fire,” Jordan St Cyr.
Second Music Offering
“Start Right Here,” Casting Crowns.
Third Music Offering
“Best News Ever,” MercyMe.
“Is He Worthy?” Chris Tomlin.
How God Answers Prayer
Jeremiah 33:3 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition
3 Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand).
- The promise from God, "Call to Me and I will answer you."
- God always answers your prayer. God cannot lie.
- We are Kingdom before we are anything.
- Humanity has not gotten better.
- We’ve just found new ways to sin, new and fastser ways to kill each other.
- Do what God has told us to do: "Love one another."
- We have to consistently kneel and pray to the only Kingdom that is real.
- The answer to the worlds problem is God’s grace.
- Prayer is our connection with God.
- Something powerful happens when we pray. That power is GOD!
- Why is it that God doesn’t always answer prayers the way we want them to?
New International Version
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
We look at God as if we can give Him choices because He doesn’t always do it the way we had in mind.
Matthew 6:9-13 New King James Version
9 In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
[a]For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
- Prayer is not a wish lish. Prayer is about submiting our will to God’s so He receives the glory.
- How prayers soud like a "to do" list.
- God always answers prayer in one of four ways
1. If the request is wrong God will say, "No."
We cannot bend God’s will to our own.
Matthew 17:4 New King James Version
4 Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, [a]let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”
- You may have a good idea that’s not a God idea.
- Let’s follow God when He says no and accept it.
2. Sometimes our prayers are selfish.
If God answered all your prayer would anyone else besides you be blessed?
Mark 10:35-39 New Living Translation
Jesus Teaches about Serving Others
35 Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came over and spoke to him. “Teacher,” they said, “we want you to do us a favor.”
36 “What is your request?” he asked.
37 They replied, “When you sit on your glorious throne, we want to sit in places of honor next to you, one on your right and the other on your left.”
38 But Jesus said to them, “You don’t know what you are asking! Are you able to drink from the bitter cup of suffering I am about to drink? Are you able to be baptized with the baptism of suffering I must be baptized with?”
39 “Oh yes,” they replied, “we are able!”
Then Jesus told them, “You will indeed drink from my bitter cup and be baptized with my baptism of suffering.
Luke 9:53-55 New Living Translation
53 But the people of the village did not welcome Jesus because he was on his way to Jerusalem. 54 When James and John saw this, they said to Jesus, “Lord, should we call down fire from heaven to burn them up[a]?” 55 But Jesus turned and rebuked them.[b]
Aren’t you glad God doesn’t answer all your prayer they way you ask?
2. If the timing is wrong God will say, "Whoa."
Sometimes our timing is wrong but we still try to force our way to where we’re not yet welcome or ready.
Be okay with,"Whoa."
Could you wait on the promise?
3. If you are wrong God will say, "No."
No one likes to be told they are wrong.
James 5:16 King James Version
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
So many lose their way because their way because they lose their why.
4. When everyhting is right God will say, Let’s go!"
Jeremiah 29:11 New King James Version
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- You will probably never know the perfect will God has for your life.
- God wants you to know Him instead of His will. Somestime wwe want to know His will more than we wnat to know Him.
- God will answer.
Philippians 4:6-7 New Living Translation
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
- Pray about everything. You cannot pray too much.
- More often than not God’s answer is peace.
- Instead of accepting peace we fight for understanding.
Never forget, God is in you and with you always. He will never forget you, He will never turn away. He is listening and always, God Loves You No Matter What!
Wednesday, April 28th
Not Your Mama’s Bible Study
Eyewitness Bible Series The Book of Acts
Acts is the history of the first churches and the spread of Christianity. After the death of Jesus, Christianity existed almost exclusively among the Jews. The first part of Acts portrays the meaning of Christianity, how it was shared, and how it was lived out in a closed community of Jews whose common culture was based on the Old Testament.
Complimentary dinner starts at 6pm, study starts at 6:30.
Be our guest. This week we will be serving:
• Chili Dogs
• Tater Tots
• Tri Colored Pasta Salad
• Frosted Brownies & Vanilla Ice Cream.
• Bottled Water, Iced Tea, Coffee.