Countdown to Worship
“The Lion & the Lamb,” Leeland.
First Music Offering
“Revival,” Third Day.
Second Music Offering
“Reckless,” Cory Asbury.
Third Music Offering
“One Day,” Cochren & Co.
“City On Our Knees” TobyMac with Rev. Billy Graham.
Kingdom Come: God’s Love Language | Pastor Mike Gonzalez
Closing Prayer: Ken Smith
Having a healthy relationship includes learning what your partner’s love language is and loving them that way. But, what about God? Have you thought about how He wants to be loved? Our Young Adults Pastor, Mike Gonzalez, helps us understand God’s Love Language.
1 John 5:1-3 New International Version
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,
If God has a Love Language what is it?
You will never allow God lead you if You don’t know how much He loves you.
- Everyone can be a child of God. It’s not based on who you are or what you have done; it’s based on who God is.
- Obedience is the key to pleasing God.
- Obedience is a journey that always starts with a choice. You have to decide to follow God.
- Obeying God is easy when it agrees with your wants and goals.
- Obedience is difficult when what God wants you to do is hard or uncomfortable.
Matthew 26:39 New International Version
39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
- You cannot obey God without having a relationship with God.
- When you pray and God will give you the strength.
- When you obey God no matter what the difficulty He will see you through.
Jesus obeyed the Father and with Him endured the cross.
He went to the cross because He was passionate about having a relationship with you.
When you obey God you receive these three things:
- Protection. Obedience to God is not to punish but to protect.
- Provision. Obedience will always precede provision; trust God to make a ways where there seems to be no way.
- The plan for your life. Listen to God’s spirit. Obeying God is not a burden it’s a blessing.
Obedience is the response to God’s love language.
James 4:8 New International Version
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
God affirms us if we accept Him.
1 Peter 2:9 New International Version
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
When you receive Jesus as your Savior He gives you the gift of the Holy Spirit to be with you always.
God is the potter and we are the clay. He will mold you and change you to be who He wants you to be.
Will you experience God’s Kingdom come in your life by giving your life to the God who gave His life to you?
Never forget, God is in you and with you always. He will never forget you, He will never turn away. He is listening and always, God Loves You No Matter What!
Wednesday, Doors open at 6pm, study starts at 6:30.
Not Your Mama’s Bible Study presents