Countdown to Worship
“Way Maker,” Michael W. Smith.
First Music Offering
“Who Can,” Cochren & Co.
Second Music Offering
“Image of God,” We Are Messengers.
Third Music Offering
“Who You Are To Me” Chris Tomlin featuring Lady A.
“Communion,” Third Day.
Faith and Deeds: Faith Alone Is Not Enough, Pastor Jeff Wallace.
Closing Prayer: Ken Smith
Faith and Deeds: Faith Alone Is Not Enough, Pastor Jeff Wallace.
Do you have faith? I hear a resounding YES! BUT, do you show your faith through your deeds? Uh oh – maybe, not so much? James says, "Show me your faith WITHOUT deeds and I will show you my faith BY my deeds." Whoa – mic drop! Listen in as Pastor Jeff Wallace talks about Faith and Deeds, continuing our series in the book of James, faithFULL.
James 2:14-26 New International Version
Faith and Deeds
14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?
15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food.
16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?
17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.
19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?
21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?
22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.
23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend.
24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.
25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?
26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
1. How would you describe “Dead Faith?” (James 2:14-17)
- Faith that is not accompanied by deeds (or action)
- Only an intellectual perspective of what genuine faith is
- Have not yet fully submitted to God
- Fancy words, but no follow-through
- Over-promising with your words & under-delivering with your actions
Believers are called to show mercy, not to judge. Therefore we need to let some things go, show some grace, lay down our preference and prejudice, look beyond our bias and love without limits.
2. How would you describe “Demonic Faith?” (James 2:18-19)
- That belief in God alone is sufficient, when it’s actually the starting point
- James says even the demons believe in God, yet they can’t be saved
- Intellectual & emotional, based on our feelings & not on our reality
- Very shallow faith that changes w/ circumstances and is reactionary
- One has faith, and another has deeds
3. How would you describe “Dynamic Faith?” ( James 2:20-26)
- It’s about trust & obedience
- Focused faith that has power
- Not dependant on our circumstances
- Genuine faith that results in changed lives
- Faith that leads to action
- Not merely intellectual
- Genuine faith that represents the church and honors God
Hebrews 11:1-3 New International Version
Faith in Action
11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
This is what the ancients were commended for.
By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
4. What does genuine faith (faith & deeds together) look like?
- They Display Humility- Faith & Deeds moves us to ensure everyone around us feels valued, prominent, and important
- They Demonstrate Humility- Faith & Deeds cause us to care more about a posture of worship than one of personal power, preferences, & influence
- They Dismiss Hypocrisy- Faith & Deeds push us to be consistent in our practice of and
our commitment to Godly living
- Not small deeds, but God-honoring & life changing deeds!
- Faith & Deeds- both individually and collectively as a church body
- Apart from each other, faith & deeds are just two unique substances with lots of potential
Ephesians 2:8-10 New International Version
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
2 Corinthians 5:7 New International Version
7 For we live by faith, not by sight.
John 15:7 New International Version
7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
5. How are we saved? Why are we saved while still in this world?
- We are saved by grace, through faith
- We are not saved by anything we can do to earn God’s favor
- It’s the gift of God
- We are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do
- We live by faith, not by sight
- If we remain in Christ, we will bear much fruit
- Apart from Christ, we can do nothing
Never forget, God is in you and with you always. He will never forget you, He will never turn away. He is listening and always, God Loves You No Matter What!
ANNOUNCEMENTS & EVENTS
for the week of 11-22-2020
Wednesday, Doors open at 6pm, study starts at 6:30.
Not Your Mama’s Bible Study presents
Following The Messiah
Jeremy Dehut and Barry Britnell
See the gospel through a different lens as two men explore the places where Jesus lived during His life on earth in Appian Media’s Following The Messiah. Get up close to the ruins of the ancient city of Capernaum, take a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee, and walk through the arid wilderness of Judea. Jeremy Dehut and Barry Britnell are your tour guides on this incredible journey through the Bible lands, both old and new.
Over a year in the making, Following The Messiah tells the story of Jesus Christ as told through the Bible and its lands.
Beverages and a light snack will be served.
Text to Tithe: Due to a number of requests for a more "modern" way to tithe, Text to Tithe has been created. It’s safe, fast, and secure. Just text the word, "give" to (786) 288-0839 and follow the link. Thanks!
We thank you for joining with us in worshiping our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We hope that you enjoyed our service today and encourage you seek God in everything that you do.
At Real Hope In Christ our purpose is to love the Lord our God with all our heart, and with all our soul, and with all our mind.
Our focus begins with all the people of Citrus County and by the Grace of God we will:
Gather together to worship and celebrate God,
Grow in our knowledge and faith,
Give in love and,
Go out into the world to shine brightly with the light of salvation from our Savior Jesus Christ and tell the world what we know is true; God Loves You No Matter What!