Countdown to Worship
"Happy Day," Jesus Culture.
First Music Offering
“Still Rolling Stones,” Lauren Daigle.
Second Music Offering
“All the People Say Amen,” Matt Maher
“Old Rugged Cross,” Bart Millard.
Third Music Offering
“WayMaker,” Mayra Alvarez.
Pastor Jeremy Foster.
We all crave fulfillment in our lives, but there’s a problem when we try to find that fulfillment by consuming things that aren’t good for us.
In the message, “Crave Control,” Pastor Jeremy Foster reminds us that the only way to find true fulfillment is to make a difference through our God-given destiny. We have to examine what we’re allowing to influence us and trim away the toxicity.
Isaiah 43:18-19 (NKJV)
“Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.
Romans 12:12 (NLT)
Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.
Proverbs 25:26 (NIV)
Like a muddied spring or a polluted well are the righteous who give way to the wicked.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
- God will not remove junk from your life that you’re content to live with.
- Life is about choices.
- Who you are today is a result of the choices you’ve made.
- Excuses always lead to problems and never solutions.
- You make the choices that keep you where you are or propel you to where God has called you to.
- Recognize you are your own worst enemy.
- You are what you eat!
Romans 7:21-25 (NIV)
So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?
I am a spirit, I have a soul, I live in a body.
The only thing that gets saved and perfected at salvation is your spirit.
John 3:6 (NKJV)
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Galatians 5:16 (NKJV)
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flsh.
Control your cravings
1. Avoid your triggers
- What happens TO you is a direct response to what is happening IN you.
- Don’t just ask: “Is this a sin?” Ask: “Is this a seed?”
- Good things have to be planted. Bad things don’t, they just grow naturally.
- Some of us have a spiritual eating disorder.
2. Offer an alternative
- Prayer is not an option, it’s a necessity.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
1. You are the most toxic person that you know… Take some time and reflect on what areas of your life are toxic.
2. Who you are today is a result of the choices you’ve made. In what ways have you been excusing your past decisions? How do you need to change the choices you make in the future?
3. If the greatest gift you can give the people around you is a healthy you, in ways do you need to get healthy?
4. You are what you eat, so what are you eating? Do you need to change your spiritual diet? How?
5. How do you need to start trusting God with your heart, head and hopes?
ANNOUNCEMENTS & EVENTS
for the week of 8-23-2020
Not Your Mama’s Bible Study presents:
The Book of Judges J.D. Greear
The book of Judges cracks a window into depths of the human soul. Watch a nation struggle with its identity and relationship to its God. Heroes and heroines arise, who seem to have the potential to save Israel. But in the end, each proves to be a broken savior that cannot deliver.
In this series, pastor and author J.D. Greear wades into the book of Judges to shine a light onto the muddy waters of human rebellion. The stories and truths within are not just archaic tales with no relevance for us today. Rather, J.D. works through each chapter unpacking the truth of God’s grace in the midst of human wickedness, and shows how only the divine can redeem the fallen.
Come to Bible Study Hungry.
This week is Fried Chicken Picnic Dinner with Red Potato Salad, Baked Beans, and Dinner Rolls, with Peach Cobbler and Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert.
Text to Tithe: Due to a number of requests for a more "modern" way to tithe, Text to Tithe has been created. It’s safe, fast, and secure. Just text the word, "give" to (786) 288-0839 and follow the link. Thanks!
We thank you for joining with us in worshiping our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We hope that you enjoyed our service today and encourage you seek God in everything that you do.
At Real Hope In Christ our purpose is to love the Lord our God with all our heart, and with all our soul, and with all our mind.
Our focus begins with all the people of Citrus County and by the Grace of God we will:
Gather together to worship and celebrate God,
Grow in our knowledge and faith,
Give in love and,
Go out into the world to shine brightly with the light of salvation from our Savior Jesus Christ and tell the world what we know is true; God Loves You No Matter What!