Welcome to Real Hope In Christ – We’re Glad You’re Here
This is our worship service for 8-16-20.
Countdown to Worship
"Glory to Glory," Matthew Williams.
First Music Offering
“Great Things,” Phil Wickham.
Second Music Offering
“See The Light,” TobyMac.
Third Music Offering
“Mercy Is A Song,” Matthew West.
“Only Jesus,” Casting Crowns.
Pastor Jeremy Foster.
Proverbs 25:26 (NIV)
Like a muddied spring or a polluted well are the righteous who give way to the wicked.
1. Toxic influences create toxic environments
2. Toxic environments expand energetically
Three keys to boundaries:
1. Boundaries are Biblical
Titus 3:10 (ESV)
As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him.
Proverbs 25:17 (KJV)
Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbour’s house; lest he be weary of thee, and so hate thee.
2. Boundaries bring blessings
You can be a believer and not be blessed.
Psalm 1:1 (NIV)
Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,
There are three categories of toxic people:
- Set a boundary and stick to it.
- You rise or fall to the level of the people around you.
1 Corinthians 15:33 (NIV)
Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."
- If you’re not careful the people around you will destroy what’s in front of you.
- Not everyone is going to respect your boundaries.
- A boundary isn’t a boundary if you don’t enforce it.
3. Boundaries create and maintain identity
- Identity can be destroyed by toxic environments.
- A lack of boundaries always leads to bondage.
- The answer always starts with Jesus and it always ends with Jesus.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
- God will not remove junk from your life that you’re content to live with.
- Trust God with your heart
- Trust God with your head
Romans 12:2 (NIV)
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Psalm 39:7 (NLT)
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.
1. Have you been a part of toxic environments? How did that affect you?
2. What are some boundaries you need to put in place this week?
3. What are practical ways you can reinforce those boundaries?
4. Out of the 3 types of toxic people, which have impacted you the most (critics, controllers, tempters)? How did that affect you?
5. How have boundaries (or a lack of them) affected your identity?
ANNOUNCEMENTS & EVENTS
for the week of 8-16-2020
Not Your Mama’s Bible Study presents:
The Book of Judges J.D. Greear
The book of Judges cracks a window into depths of the human soul. Watch a nation struggle with its identity and relationship to its God. Heroes and heroines arise, who seem to have the potential to save Israel. But in the end, each proves to be a broken savior that cannot deliver.
In this series, pastor and author J.D. Greear wades into the book of Judges to shine a light onto the muddy waters of human rebellion. The stories and truths within are not just archaic tales with no relevance for us today. Rather, J.D. works through each chapter unpacking the truth of God’s grace in the midst of human wickedness, and shows how only the divine can redeem the fallen.
Bring an appetite for the Word and Dinner!
This week is South of the Border Night serving Steak & Chicken Fajitas, Beef Enchildas, Black Beans & Yellow Rice, Tortillas and Salsa, Queso, Tossed Garden Salad, with Lemonade, Iced Tea, and Bottle Water and dessert.
Text to Tithe: Due to a number of requests for a more "modern" way to tithe, Text to Tithe has been created. It’s safe, fast, and secure. Just text the word, "give" to (786) 288-0839 and follow the link. Thanks!
We thank you for joining with us in worshiping our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We hope that you enjoyed our service today and encourage you seek God in everything that you do.
At Real Hope In Christ our purpose is to love the Lord our God with all our heart, and with all our soul, and with all our mind.
Our focus begins with all the people of Citrus County and by the Grace of God we will:
Gather together to worship and celebrate God,
Grow in our knowledge and faith,
Give in love and,
Go out into the world to shine brightly with the light of salvation from our Savior Jesus Christ and tell the world what we know is true; God Loves You No Matter What!